Hello, my friends!
We all know fall is quickly approaching and, to me, that means COMFORT FOOD. Fall is a time when everyone wants to eat warm, delicious meals to combat the incoming cold. One of my favourite fall foods is CHILI. Nothing beats coming home from a long, cold day to a nice bowl of chili.
I am by no means a vegetarian or vegan, but this dish is so delicious you will not miss the meat at all. Also, time to time, I try to have a meatless meal since eating meat is not the best thing for our environment. It’s hard for me to be meatless every day, but this dish makes it a lot easier for me to skip on the meat!
Let’s jump right into what’s in this amazing dish. It is really packed with veggies and spices, making it a HEALTHY comfort food (who knew that was even possible!).
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 diced onion
- 1 can of diced tomato
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 chopped carrot
- 2 tbsp of chili powder (or more!)
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of corn
- In a saucepan cook quinoa according to package (I used 1 cup of quinoa for my dish).
- In a large pot, add olive oil, garlic, and onions. Cook on medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add cooked quinoa, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, red bell pepper, chopped carrot, and spices to the large pot.
- Add two cups of water to the pot, and reduce heat to low. Cover and let sit for 30 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in the beans and corn until heated through.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
That’s it! This is such an easy dish to prepare, especially when you don’t know what to whip up for dinner. I also love making a big batch and using it as a lunch for the week. I hope you enjoy this mouth-watering dish, and let me know what you think!